Explore one of Tyrol´s most beautiful and romantic Advent markets in the medieval town of Rattenberg. Rattenberg – a town that celebrates the most peaceful time of the year with top quality events. With a size of 11 ha Rattenberg (population: 397) is Austria’s smallest town! This Advent market is the most beautiful of the entire Unterland region and has been held annually every Winter since 1999.
Rattenberger Advent Programme:
25th November, 02nd & 09th & 16th December 2016 – Fridays
from 4:00 p.m.: romantic Advent walk followed by organ music played in the parish church. Duration: approx 1 hour; meeting point Nail Smith Houses.
from 5:00 p.m. music on the stage
more details will follow
26th November, 03rd, 10th, 17th December 2016 – Saturdays
Children’s programme from 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Christmas bauble blowing at Kisslinger Kristall-Glas
- Children’s bakery – ginger bread decorating at Café Hacker
- Handicraft work at the presbytery (candle decorating, batik and more)
- "Silent night" story
- Pony riding
from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Children’s guided tours through the Augustinian Museum
- from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. Tyrolean artists and pupils from the region sing and dance on the main stage
- at 4:00 p.m. organ music played in the parish church
- at 4:30 p.m. Rattenberger Herbergssuche (Nativity play) acted by the "Volksschauspielverein Rattenberg" - meeting point: Nail Smiths Houses
- from 4:30 p.m. Labyrinth of lights from Gernot Candolini with meditative music
Main programme on stage
From 5:00 p.m.
- Entry of the lightbringer (Children from the school of music in Rattenberg)
- Music groups, choirs from the region and Tyrolean artists sing, play music and read stories (in German) about the Advent.
Concept and art direction: Anders Linder
Cultural events need backing: as from 2:00 p.m. there is:
- EUR 5,00 per person charge
- EUR 4,50 for people with the Alpbachtal Seenland Card
- EUR 4,50 for registered groups with more than 20 people - Registration: email@example.com Tel: +43 5337 212 00 50
- free admission for children aged 14 or younger
27.11., 4.12., 11.12., 18.12.2016 - Sunday programme
from 3:30 - 6 p.m.: „Klöpfler“ –a group enacting the Nativity Play wander through the town
Programme on Tuesday, 8th of December: "Stiller Advent":
from 3:30 - 5 p.m.: „Klöpfler“ –a group enacting the Nativity Play wander through the town
at 5:00 p.m. singing in front of the Christmas tree with Hannes Stock
at 6:30 p.m. concert in the parish church Rattenberg (Admission: 10€)
Programme subject to change!
Rattenberger Kultur- & Wirtschaftsförderungsverein. ZVR 823120084
More information can be found on http://www.rattenberg.at