Explore one of Tyrol´s most beautiful and romantic Advent markets in the medieval town of Rattenberg. Rattenberg – a town that celebrates the most peaceful time of the year with top quality events. With a size of 11 ha Rattenberg (population: 439) is Austria’s smallest town! This Advent market is the most beautiful of the entire Unterland region and has been held annually every Winter since 1999.
Rattenberger Advent Programme:
29th November, 06th, 13th & 20th December 2013 – Fridays
from 4:00 p.m.: romantic Advent walk followed by organ music played in the parish church. Duration: approx 1 hour; meeting point Nail Smith Houses
30th November, 07th, 14th, 21st December 2013 – Saturdays
Children’s programme from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Christmas bauble blowing at Kisslinger Kristall-Glas
- Children’s bakery – ginger bread decorating at Café Hacker
- Children’s guided tours through the Augustinian Museum
- Handicraft work at the presbytery (candle decorating, batik and more)
At 4:30 p.m. Rattenberger Herbergssuche (Nativity play) acted by the Schlossbergspiele Rattenberg, meeting point: Nail Smiths Houses
Light Labyrinth by Gernot Candolini at the Traubeneck
„Existence consists of constant moves through life’s labyrinth – arriving and departing, finding the centre of energy and moving on.“
- At 3:00 p.m. Tyrolean artists and pupils from the region sing and dance on the main stage
Main programme on stage at 5:00 p.m.
Entry of the drummers and The Guardians of Fire – music groups, choirs from the region and Tyrolean artists sing, play music and read stories about the Advent.
Cultural events need backing: as from 2:00 p.m. there is:
- EUR 5,00 per person charge
- EUR 3,50 persons with the Alpbachtal Seenland Card, students and persons with handicap
- EUR 5,00 for registered groups - every 15th person get´s 1 ticket for free
- Children aged 14 or younger have free admission.
Programme subject to change!
Rattenberger Kultur- & Wirtschaftsförderungsverein. ZVR 823120084
More information can be found on http://www.rattenberg.at