- Show all dates
Rattenberger Advent- Saturday
Advent is celebrated differently in the medieval town of Rattenberg. In the glow of candles and with warming fireplaces, people enjoy the special atmosphere in Austria's smallest town.
On the Advent weekends, the medieval town of Rattenberg glows in the light of stars, candles, torches, and open fireplaces. At gastronomic venues and shops visitors are treated to local delicacies. Soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a leisurely stroll throught the town. Reflective Advent music in the town's shops accompanies you through the afternoon and evening.
From 2:30 p.m.:
- Advent fun train: the fun train takes you from the Rattenberg Advent to the Brixlegg Christmas market or vice versa. Approximately every 20 minutes between Rattenberg and Brixlegg, stops: Rattenberg P1 | Tourist Office, INNKauf bus stop, Brixlegg train station, Volksbank Brixlegg (December 2nd/9th/16th).
- Traditional tyrolean programme throughout the town
- Fairy tale path from west to east, signs are placed around the town for exploring
- Children's programme glass-blowing at Kristallglas Kisslinger, children's crafting and face painting at designated places in the town
- Musical Program by the Kramsach State Music School
- Harp Music & Reading at the Augustinermuseum - Gerhard Salchner und Elisabeth Rohregger (02./09. + 16.12.2023)
- Nativity scene enacted by local actors
- Traditional tyrolean programme on the main stage
- arrival of the Light Bearers
- Musical performance by the Musik Mittelschule Rattenberg (secondary school of music)
- Presenter: Gerhard Salchner
- Ave Maria - closing singing on the main stage at around 6:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.:
Nativity Scene exhibition at the Augustinian museum Rattenberg - Free admission!
Date & timeDate
Datum Starts at: 14:30