Austria opens its borders to a total of 32 countries on 16 June 2020
There is then again freedom of travel in all EU countries except Sweden, Portugal and England, which has left the EU.
Further relaxation from 1 July
On 1 July, new relaxations in the gastronomy sector will come into force: for example, mouth and nose protection will no longer be mandatory for employees in the gastronomy sector. The requirements for events will also be gradually relaxed.
Since 15 June, the wearing of a mouth and nose protector is only mand
atory in the following cases:
- on public transport
- in the health sector incl. pharmacies
- for employees in the catering trade
- if the minimum distance of 1 metre cannot be maintained in the service area (unless the risk of infection is minimised by other appropriate protective measures)
Accommodation facilities open since 29.5.
Since 29.5. the first establishments have already been open and are welcoming holidaymakers very warmly again. Get an overview of current holiday offers in the Alpbachtal and play it safe when booking your summer holiday thanks to the Alpbachtal Rebooking Guarantee.
You are also welcome to contact the accommodation of your choice directly and find out about the current offers.
Here you can find a list of the online bookable accommodations in Alpbachtal
Wellness areas, gastronomy and breakfast buffets may also reopen, whereby the hygiene rules apply here in the same way as in gastronomy and for bathrooms.
In addition, the following rules, among others, apply in the establishments:
- 1 m distance is also the basic rule for accommodation facilities
- Wearing a mouth-and-nose protection is intended for employees who have contact with guests. This also applies to guests in entrance and reception areas.
- Reserve in advance if possible
- For gastronomy areas, the already existing regulations for gastronomy are applied.
- The existing recommendations for facilities according to the Bathroom Hygiene Act serve as a basis for the operation of wellness areas.
- Seminars are permitted up to a group size of 100 persons. An appropriate distance is to be ensured or the wearing of a mouth and nose protector is recommended.
- Refuges: Common rooms (e.g. mattress storage) are possible by keeping a distance of 1.5 m or by installing technical protection measures.
- Rules of conduct for guests as well as for lodging establishments can be found in detail on the website of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber.
Rules of conduct for guests as well as for lodging establishments can be found in detail on the website of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber.
Restaurants and bars open since 15.5.
Restaurants and bars are allowed to open their premises for guests until 01:00 am again. The following conditions must be observed for the time being:
- Opening hours are permitted from 06.00 to 01.00 a.m.
- Groups of visitors are no longer limited. Persons may therefore also sit together at one table in groups.
- Group reservations are possible.
- At least one meter distance between groups of guests (not between guests at the same table)
- Bar operation at the bar is not permitted
- Obligation for service personnel to wear mouth and nose protection when in contact with guests, but not for guests
Here you will find a list of all catering establishments with the current opening hours
Leisure facilities and sights open since 29.5.
Leisure facilities and attractions as well as indoor leisure facilities have been open since 29 May. In addition, it is mandatory to wear a mouth and nose protector in indoor areas and to limit the number of people to 10 square metres per visitor room per person.
Summer mountain railways in Alpbachtal
When persons are transported in cable cars, a distance of at least one metre must be maintained from persons who do not live in the same household and mouth-and-nose protection must be worn. In exceptional cases, the distance of one metre may be reduced due to the number of passengers and when boarding and alighting.
- Reitherkogelbahn in Reith i.A.
Summer operation from 29 May to 27 September 2020
(until the end of June only weekend operation & public holidays)
- Wiedersbergerhornbahn in Alpbach
Summer operation expected from 27 June to 8 November 2020
We reserve the right to make changes to the operating hours!
Here you will find current information about the summer mountain railways in the Alpbachtal
Detailed and information can be found here:
No major events until June
No major events will be permitted until at least 31 August 2020. Smaller events will be allowed step by step before then.
Information on cancellations:
- You can find all relevant information under the link of the Europäische Reiseversicherung.