Transhumance and Village Fair with farmers' market
19th + 26th September in Reith i.A. - the celebrated transhumance with large handicraft and culinary markets, music and more.
Welcoming the cattle home with farmer's and crafts market is THE HIGHLIGHT on Reith's calendar of events. A traditional Tyrolean fair at its best - food and beverages are readily available. Live music and entertainment in the centre of Reith. Demonstration of traditional crafts, including wood carving, basket weaving, and schnapps distilling. Feed your hunger with local products such as smoked bacon, fresh rye bread and homemade butter - and do not miss out on the fruit schnapps!
FARMER'S MARKET in the village centre from 10:00 a.m.
From midday to approx. 3:00 p.m. the elaborately decorated cattle will be driven through the village to return to their farms.
From 10:00 a.m. to approx. 5:00 p.m. in the village centre:
- Grand farmer’s market
- Tyrolean specialities (Kiachl, Krapfen, Knödl …)
- Brass band concerts given by the Reith band
- Music, dance and entertainment, various music groups in the centre
- Demonstration of old handicraft: weaving, wood-carving, spinning, feather quill embroidery, carpentry …
- Glass painting, producing liquor
- Big raffle with over 1000 prizes
€ 5,00 per person; free admission for children aged 12 years or younger