21.03.2019 - 27.10.2019
Thu. - Sun. | 10:00 AM - 11:45 PM
Tel.: +43 5337 63390
Founded in 1774 on the road to the Alpbachtal valley. Farmers, craftsmen, travellers and traders met here. The war in 1809 thankfully left the inn untouched. Anton Sigwart bought the house in 1850 and in 1858 and created a lasting memento by having a fountain hewn out of rock that stands outside the house to this day. In 1868 the first Brixlegg Passion play was held and it soon gained an excellent reputation throughout the area.
Many famous people visited the play and came to dine at the inn. Brother Willram, the passion play initiator was a frequent guest. Other regular guests were the well-known authors Ludwig Steub and Rudolf Greinz and the composer of the "Corregidor" - Hugo Wolf. Many generations have shaped this house and have inspired its dedication to traditional Tyrolean cuisine with but with an "elegant, contemporary expression". Only the best, fresh, local produce is used by the kitchen team. Since 1985 Sigwart's Tiroler Weinstuben are Gault Millau listed and in the A la Carte restaurant guide. Every year anonymous tests reconfirm the consistent top quality. Sigwart's Tiroler Weinstuben is registered as one of the 200 best restaurants in Austria and listed in the best 25 in North and East Tyrol.