Alpbach St. Oswald Parish Church
The church was first mentioned in 1369, a larger one was built in 1420 in honor of St. Oswald, a Northumbrian king.
The church steeple dates back to these times, too. The existing church was built in 1720 in Baroque style. The altars were designed by the local artist family Bletzacher. The organ was built in 1777 by Ferdinand Fuchs and expanded in 1954, the beautiful Rococo facade was preserved. The churchyard is also worth a visit!
The Alpbach cemetery with its lovingly kept graves and artistically forged crosses is also worth a visit. Erwin Schrödinger, the Austrian nuclear physicist, who died in 1961, has found his final resting place in the village cemetery of Alpbach.