To the content To the main menu To the contact informations
Wooden heart

Assumption of Mary Parish Church

A visit inside the church reveals a 600 year old Blessed Virgin Mary shrine

Pfarrkirche Münster im Winter | © Gemeinde Münster Pfarrkirche Münster im Winter | © Gemeinde Münster

Originally a Gothic parish church - enlarged in 1747 by Jakob Singer from Schwaz who gave the church its Baroque character - the stuccos by Kassian Singer and Georg Weber are beautiful. Remarkable early Gothic frescos can be found on the Northern wall of the main building (approx. 1350). The four statues depicting the Old and the New Testament at the main altar were carved by Franz Xaver Nissl from Fügen. Three ceiling frescoes were completed by Christoph Anton Mayr in 1757. The Madonna with child statue dates back to the 13th century.

Open during the day


Contact

Pfarrkirche Maria Himmelfahrt
Dorf 93
6232 Münster