Discover Brixlegg & Reith i.A.
Pleasant, informative hike from Brixlegg via Haslach to Reith with a visit to the Hildegard von Bingen garden and back
Start at the Museum of Mining and Metallurgy in Brixlegg, where you can park your car free of charge. If you arrive by public transport, get off the bus at the Brixlegg Herrnhausplatz bus stop. Walk to the Herrnhaus square and follow the Schulgasse (behind the Raiffeisenbank) to the museum. Cross the bridge to your right and continue on the Badgasse along side the Alpbach Stream to Mehrn in Brixlegg. Turn left crossing the bridge and follow the Faberstraße. At the last junction cross the bridge on the right towards Haslach, which already belongs to Reith im Alpbachtal. Continue straight ahead along the gravel road between the farms to a tarmacked road and turn right and cross the Alpsteg (bridge). Follow the road until a short gravel road leads down to the right - to Bischofsbrunn. At the second last house on the right take the hiking trail behind the house towards the Hildegard von Bingen Garden passing a football pitch and the primary and secondary school Reith. The Hildegard von Bingen garden is located on the hill.
Walk back to the school and take the forest path behind the parking lot to Haidach - Bischofsbrunn. Shortly before the fountain, cross the road and take the "Stiege" down towards Mehrn. Follow the course of the Alpbach Stream to your left back to the starting point.
- A look at and inside the Mehrn church is a must
- Directly below the church is the Therapy Centre Heilbad Mehrn with its healing spring - fill up your bottle with water from the well
- The Oberhaslachhof farm shop is open every Friday!
- The Hildegard von Bingen Garden is well worth a visit.
- The history of mining in the Alpbachtal region is best explored in the Museum of Mining and Metallurgy at the starting point in Brixlegg (reduced admission with the Alpbachtal Card)
- The outdoor swimming pool in Brixlegg - open from about mid-May - provides for refreshing or relaxing moments following the circular hike (admission included with the Alpbachtal Card)
Museum of Mining and Metallurgy - Bad Mehrn church - Faberstraße - Haslach - Alpsteg - Hildegard von Bingen Garden - back via Haidach to Brixlegg
|Start||Brixlegg - Museum of Mining and Metallurgy car park - free of charge|
|End||at the starting point|
A12, motorway exit Kramsach/Brixlegg, towards Brixlegg
By public transport to Brixlegg - bus stop: Herrnhausplatz. Walk to the Herrnhaus square and follow the Schulgasse (behind the Raiffeisenbank) to the museum - after approx. 300 m you will reach the Museum of Mining and Metallurgy.
Bus no: 4070, 4074 and 4111
Parking at the Museum of Mining and Metallurgy parking lot is free of charge.
Take something to eat and drink with you - on rote there are no venues