Hilariberg Camillian Monastery
Built in 1689
It is to the „Berglmutter“, as the image of Mary of Mount Carmel in the pilgrimage church at Hilaribergl is affectionately called by the faithful people, that many people to this day bring their joy and sorrows, thanks and requests and share their worries and hardships.
In 1689, the Carmelite tertiary Hilarion a Sancto Sebastiano built a small Marian chapel with a hermitage on the Pletzach rock fall near Kramsach.
Soon the place was called "Hilaribergl" after the hermit who lived there.
In 1746, the then parish priest of Breitenbach, Sebastian Mayr, had a larger church built, with an image of the Madonna in the centre under a canopy.
In 1913, the Camillians, a nursing order founded by St. Camillus de Lellis in 1586, acquired the hermitage with the church. The house served as a study home, noviciate and for recreation.
From 1971 to 2001, the property was leased to the Union of Dominican Sisters, but now Camillians are working there again.