Voldöpp parish church
A baroque figure of Saint Nicholas dominates the black and gold main altar
Baroque ornaments were added to the core of the late Gothic building at the beginning of the 18th century.
First mentioned in 1262, the parish church has a two-story sacristy on the south side of the choir. The protruding west tower with pointed arched sound holes, gabled spire and porch on the tower's ground floor was erected in 1859 in place of a north tower. The east window with late Gothic tracery dates from around 1480. A chiseled coat of arms with hammer and iron (miners) decorates the plinth on the south side. Interesting structural highlights are the baroque west gallery on marble columns, the rococo pulpit from 1760 and the stucco work and paintings in medallions from 1954. The image of the Virgin Mary with a radiant wreath and the ceiling paintings in the cemetery chapel are also very worth seeing.