Tyrolean art treasures covering 9 centuries and the only church tower in Tyrol open to the public.
The nativity scenes exhibited during the Advent weekends are distributed throughout the museum.
The church tower is closed in winter.
The museum in the buildings of the former Augustinian and later Servite monastery, which existed from 1384 to 1971, is unique.
The collections display Tyrolean art treasures from nine centuries. Among them are exquisite masterpieces from the Romanesque and Gothic periods as well as numerous testimonies of religious folk art.
The cultural-historical objects from the region as well as a collection of rare Gothic sculptures are well worth a visit.
The Augustinian Museum has been awarded the Tyrolean Museum Award and the Austrian Museum Award.
A unique feature in the Tyrol providing a spectacular insight to medieval Rattenberg.
Tyrol's only church tower open to the public is located in the Augustinian Museum. Admire the baroque tower clock, historic bells and the viewing platform offering spectacular views of Rattenberg's roofscape and the Inn Valley.
You could think you've been transported back in time when you enter the gloomy, dim church attic in the Augustinian Museum. Anchored wooden planks serve as a walkway and the church dome, which can be adventurously circled arches in front of you. You are directly above the church vault. A structural feature visitors are unlikely to see anywhere else.
Underneath is the "Augustinian sky", which is Tyrol's first monumental vault fresco. The extension makes it possible to view the masterpiece from a few metres away. One stands directly in front of it, so to speak, and views the ceiling fresco at close range.
- The nearest car park is P4 at the eastern entrance to the town of Rattenberg, which is subject to a charge.
- Further parking at P5 at the eastern entrance to the town (subject to a charge).
- Combine a visit to the museum with a stroll through Austria's smallest town. The beautiful glass shops, the souvenir shops as well as the excellent coffee houses and restaurants in the town are ideal places to linger and enjoy.
Annual opening times for the Augustinian Museum: 1st May - 26th October
- € 6,00 adults
- € 5,00 reduced rates (pensioners, military service recruits)
- € 4,00 group rate from 10 persons
- Children under 18 years free of charge
Free admission with the Alpbachtal Card or Wildschönau Card